Friday, December 12, 2014

"Frozen" Ice Fishing

Frozen Fishing Song

For no reason that I can explain, I have had a song from the popular movie “Frozen” stuck in my head all day. As I often do, when I have a song stuck in my head, I begin to change the lyrics to fit the hunting or fishing that I am currently doing; think of me as a redneck Weird Al Yankovich. After several unbearable hours of “Do You Want To Catch a Crappie” rattling around my brainpan, I put my complaint out into the interwebs and was astonished by the sheer number of grown men that were willing to help provide lyrics to my fishing version.

I first tweeted out my complaint with this tweet: “Have had the Frozen song stuck in my head all day, it has now morphed into a fishing song. Do You Want To Catch a Crappie?”

I Had an immediate response from the always crazy Adam Johnson with: "@AJOutdoors or maybe go the conservation route with: "Let it go, let it go..."" My response to this was anger, now I have these two competing sings stuck in my head, each one trying to shout over the other, until I got Adam's next reply: "@AJOutdoors if it makes you feel any better, I did it to myself too." Ok, I have calmed down slightly at this point, then the next tweet comes through and I am now at the point where I can't stop laughing because vengeance is mine! "@AJOutdoors plus, I'm about to head out to the bow stand. Hours of quiet with nothing but those songs blasting away in my head."

So, seeing the appeal of how many people I can try and make something like this stick into their heads the rest of the day (trust me, the best way to get a song out of your head is to get into as many other people's as possible) I posted my predicament to Facebook. I never realized how many grown men knew the song and were willing to contribute their own fishing version of the lyrics to help. As @Freeman_ej commented on Twitter, “It's beautiful."

The lyrics kept getting better and better as the comments came in on Facebook (to the point where this could probably go to Broadway) with a few missing the mark entirely, when a buddy of mine posted a video of himself singing along on his drive to the ice fishing show in Duluth this weekend. If you haven't seen this, it is a must watch, as Jason is beyond fantastic in his rendition. Jason, when you read this, know the crowd demands more!

1 comment:

  1. Bob, Check out:
    "Essential Winter Websites"
    http://shackadventurezine.blogspot.com/2014/12/essential-winter-websites.html

    ReplyDelete